Q. What type of retirement village scheme are the units sold under – freehold, license or leasehold?

All units are under a license agreement. A license agreement is an ingoing contribution paid to Sundale in return for a licence to occupy the right to reside in the unit.

Q. What is a public information document?

A public information document is a document giving details about the retirement village scheme.

Q. What is an ingoing contribution?

An ingoing contribution is the amount payable by a person under a residence contract to secure the person’s, or someone else’s, right to reside in a retirement village, but does not include a recurrent payment for rent, fees or charges.

Q. What are the exit fees?

An exit fee is the amount that a resident may be liable to pay to, or credit the account of, a scheme operator under a residence contract arising from:

(a) the resident ceasing to reside in the accommodation unit to which the contract relates; or

(b) the settlement of the sale of the right to reside in the accommodation unit.
The exit fee for a residence contract, including an existing residence contract, that a resident may be liable to pay to, or credit the account of, the scheme operator is to be calculated as at the day the resident ceases to reside in the accommodation unit to which the residence contract relates.

Q. Are there any additional fees?

All fees are outlined in your public information document however you will be required to pay for your utilities and contents insurance.

Q. How much deposit do I need to put down?

$10,000.00 totally refundable if sale does not proceed.

Q.Can I have a pet?

Some smaller pets may be allowed. If you wish to bring your pets please discuss with the on-site manager prior to entry.

Q. Can my family and friends stay over? How long can visitors stay for?

Yes . There is no timeframe as long as you advise us. Visits lasting over a month requires agreement from the Site Manager.

Q. Do you have a village bus to take to local shops?

Yes. There are local council buses which run through the village on a regular basis and also bus outings monthly organised by Sundale.

Q. Can I decorate / renovate the unit myself?

Decorate – yes, for example pictures on walls and furnishing.

Renovating – You will need to contact Sundale for approval, including painting. All renovations require an approval form to be submitted to the Site Manger.

Q. Is there a retirement village committee? If so how often do they meet?

Yes. The retirement village committee meet bi-monthly.

Q. Does the village have the space to store caravans?

Nambour retirement community does not have space to store your caravan however we can arrange for you to store your caravan at another site.

Q. Is there a BBQ area?

Yes. There is a BBQ area.

Q. Is there a library onsite?

Yes. There is a library.

Q. Is there security for my unit while I go away?

Please advise your site manager and or reception if you are going to be away from the village for a length of time, so we can keep a closer eye on your unit. The village and care centre have security lighting and regular security rounds during the night. Then Maintenance team also check on units when on duty.

Q. Is there access to emergency call system?

Yes. There is a call system connected to the care centre.

Q. What activities takes place in the retirement village?

Garden club, crafts, church services, cards, indoor bowls, mens’ shed and a children’s’ play area with bird aviary.

Q. Does the village have a pool?

Yes, there is a hydrotherapy pool in the Rehabilitation centre.

Q. Does the village have in-home care and allied health services?

Yes. Please contact our Concierge team on 1800 Sundale (1800 786 3253) to discuss your options.