A team of allied health professionals provide a supportive environment in Sundale’s fully owned Nambour Rehabilitation Centre with a heated pool, gym and private health chambers. We’re focused on prevention as much as treatment and keep costs low for the benefit of all. Our dedicated team will encourage you to attain your goals, which may include wellness, re-ablement and independence.
Recovery from any setback involves getting the body moving as it was designed to. Physiotherapists assess, design, implement and evaluate individual treatment programs to find the best way forward for you. Goals may be:
• Improving balance and mobility
• Reducing pain
• Maintaining joint range of movement
• Increasing muscle strength
• Optimising functional abilities
• Soft tissue injury
• Stroke, head injury
• MS and Parkinson’s
• Back pain
• Sports injuries
Relax in the warm water and let it take the stress and weight while you focus on wellness.
• Decreased pain and muscle spasm
• Increased relaxation
• Increased joint mobility and muscle strength
• Improved gait and balance
A variety of classes are held daily. A doctor’s referral is required for attendance.
Get fit, healthy and increase mobility. Aqua aerobics is a great addition to regular exercise. Classes run five days a week, Monday to Friday.
Massage and Bowen Therapy services are offered as additional services by qualified therapists. Enjoy a soothing relaxation or therapeutic massage to ease tired, aching muscles and joints.
Moving well requires healthy feet and ankles. Our podiatry service can help with conditions related to diabetes or arthritis, or those who are have trouble attending to their own feet due to visual impairment, hemiplegia etc.
Our gymnasium is well equipped to deal with a wide range of medical conditions and to help with general health and fitness. We also have a specialised range of HUR exercise equipment. This is specifically designed for rehabilitation and is suitable for older people and those living with disability.
Our pain management programs are directed to identifying non-pharmacological options to the management of chronic pain. As with all Sundale Rehabilitation programs, this is extremely individual and is guided by your General Practitioner in conjunction with our allied health professionals. The inter-disciplinary team works with you to set and achieve goals to control or manage chronic pain conditions.
• Hip replacement recovery
• Knee replacement recovery
• Post injury management (e.g. fractures)
• Pain syndromes
• Recovery from limb amputation
• Congenital deformities
• Cerebrovascular accident (stroke)
• Acquired brain injury / brain dysfunction
• Spinal cord dysfunction
• Neurological conditions
• Congenital deformities
• Recovering function
• Limiting and managing pain
• Reducing inflammation for conditions such as arthritis
• Treatment of soft tissue injury
• Precipitating illness e.g. pneumonia
• Acute exacerbation of inflammatory arthritis
• Reconditioning following an acute surgical procedure
• Disability hydrotherapy programs
• Senior exercise classes
• Falls prevention classes
The Rehabilitation Centre works on a fee for service basis. Your attendance may be funded or subsidised by:
• Medicare (EPC) – ask your GP
• Private Health Funds
• DVA and CTP Insurers
• Concession Rebates
• Government Funded – reduced service fees
Cancellation fees may apply.
Sundale serves the elders of the Sunshine Coast and beyond with vibrant retirement communities and specialised services from people who care.
We’ve been caring for our elders for five decades through Retirement Communities, Care Centres, In-Home Care, Rehabilitation Centres and Childcare.