Sundale's Care Philosophy
Our care starts from supporting you to remain in your own home through our in-home care services and rehabilitation care. Whether it be through our provision of retirement living accommodation or residential aged care, our services are focused on individual needs and aspirations.
Within Sundale of course we comply with all regulations and legislation – but we also have a specific philosophy of care the we follow and which we believe stands us apart from other services. Our philosophy is based around some fairly simple principles:
- Our elders have a lifetime of experience and knowledge from which we can learn. They may have some physical or clinical limitations but we want to work with them with respect to the things they can do – whilst providing assistance with those things they can’t.
- We work in the homes of elders, whether it be through our community care or residential care services. This requires an entirely different approach to the thinking that the elders live in our work place. Our facilities are ‘homes’ in every sense of the word, and we work to provide the best possible living environment that we can.
- Together with our elders and their families and friends, we seek to find opportunities within their capabilities and desires for our elders to give as well as receive, which builds self-esteem and a true sense of achievement.
- We ensure that we provide the very best clinical care that we can, and we also recognise that this takes around two hours a day. We work to ensure that the other twenty-two hours are providing a full life worth living, with a positive combination of rest and activity.
- At Sundale we are part of a large care team that includes family and friends. Just as you visited your loved one in their home and felt part of that arrangement; we welcome you to do the same here. You have been a major part of your elder’s life – this does not stop at our front door.
- We have a fundamental belief that the quality of life of our elders comes before all else. To that end we will always focus on their primary needs in preference to undertaking domestic duties, even if this means for example that the bed may remain unmade for a while later than would be normally expected.
- Our essential philosophy therefore is to provide excellent clinical care in conjunction with delivering a fantastic and meaningful quality of life. Our work is intended to align with the desirs and aspirations of our elders, theiir families and friends. With your help and guidance we can achieve that and more – together.